"We are seeking talented, ambitious and dedicated individuals to join our senior management team..."Kate Kennally, Chief Executive
Welcome to our careers website
I’m delighted that you would like to find out more about working with Cornwall Council. We value our employees as amongst our greatest assets and we know that our future success depends largely on the talent and skills of people that work for us. As they succeed, we succeed.
Cornwall Council is the biggest employer in Cornwall. With a budget spend of more than £1 billion per year, we provide a wide range of services to more than half a million residents. We are a place of outstanding natural beauty but Cornwall is the least developed region in England with pockets of poverty, real investment needs and below national average economic productivity.
A lot of positive change is already happening in Cornwall. In 2015 we agreed a devolution deal with Government – the first outside of Manchester and the first not linked to being required to elect a Mayor – but this is just the beginning as we look to deliver a challenging and exciting vision including:
- Improve Cornwall’s economy and increase the GVA via a £1bn investment programme; and to further the case for Cornwall as the UK’s Spaceport.
- Deliver more affordable homes.
- Integrate adult social care services with the NHS, whilst at the same time promoting a strong voice for Cornwall and a strong voice for local communities.
- Deliver better outcomes for adults with disabilities; improve outcomes for children and young people and raise educational standards.
- Create an integrated public transport offer.
- Develop and deliver a new Waste and Resources Strategy.
- Continue to devolve Council functions to town and parish councils.
- Improve our customer services offer by maximising the use of digital technology, to work smarter and personalise our offer to drive increased resident satisfaction.
- Deliver back-office efficiency savings through a Support Services review, by investing in IT and looking to share back office functions with partners.
- Strengthen resident and business engagement.
We are seeking talented, ambitious and dedicated individuals to join our senior management team, to ensure that we turn our vision into reality and make sure that Cornwall Council is well-placed to deliver sustainable public services and face future challenges.
This website will answer some of your questions and give you an insight into who we are, what we are trying to achieve and how we work. I also hope that it gives you a sense of what a great place Cornwall is to live and work – with its beautiful beaches, stunning countryside and superb community spirit.
Thank you for your interest in Cornwall Council and we look forward to welcoming you.